What are veneers?
Veneers are dental restorations applied to the front surfaces of your teeth. They look and feel completely natural, and are very durable.
What are two types of veneers:
- Porcelain veneers are ultra-thin porcelain pieces that fit onto your teeth. They are custom made by highly-skilled lab technicians. Your tooth surfaces are prepared and buffed to ensure that the veneers fit perfectly. When your veneers are ready, they are fitted and checked for colour, shape and position. Once approved, they are ultrasonically cleaned then bonded permanently onto your tooth.
- Composite veneers (bonding) involve the use of a tooth-coloured resin material which is applied directly on your teeth, and formed into the desired shapes. After the composite resin is hardened with a curing light, your bonded teeth are finished and polished.
What problems do veneers fix?
Veneers are a popular dental treatment option to restore, repair or change teeth that have damage, defects or irregularities. They can be used to enhance or change the shape, size, colour and position of teeth.
They are a versatile dental treatment option that can be used for a wide range of “smile issues”, such as:
- straightening slightly misaligned teeth
- closing small gaps between teeth
- correcting crooked, uneven or poorly-shaped teeth
- correcting mismatched teeth
- restoring and straightening worn edges
- repairing chips and breaks
- renewing externally or internally stained tooth surfaces
It’s no wonder that veneers have a well-earned reputation as an “instant orthodontics” treatment!
Can anyone get veneer treatment?
First, you will need to book a dental consultation. Your dentist has to check your suitability as a candidate for veneers. Your teeth need to be healthy, and free from any oral health issues, before receiving veneer treatment. However, minor cavities can usually be repaired while your veneers are being prepared.
What are the benefits of veneers?
- Veneers are stain resistant and durable. While teeth whitening treatments require regular touch-ups, veneers don’t change colour for several years.
- Veneers have a very natural life-like appearance, and are very strong.
- Porcelain and composite resin are bio-safe materials that do not affect gum tissue.
- Your smile confidence, self assurance and well being will improve.
- Veneers are a versatile dental treatment option that can be used for a wide range of “smile issues”.
Before and after veneers treatment
For more information about veneers, or if you would like to book a consultation, call our friendly team at Choice Dental on (07) 3809 3320.
Category : Dental Care